Mission statement vision and values
Why we are here.
Our mission is to deliver an exciting curriculum, tailored to the needs of every child in school which not only nurtures their interests but encourages them to take risks in a safe and supportive environment. We aim to provide opportunities and experiences that go beyond the constraints of the normal ‘National Curriculum’ in order to excite, engage and inspire. We have a commitment to ensure that there is a value on life-long learning instilled in all our pupils which in turn will instil a sense of happiness, security and belonging in all who come here.
A vision – an image of the future we seek to create for both the school and its pupils.
The vision for the school:
- To be recognised as ‘Excellent’ by the local community by promoting the highest standards possible in all that it does.
- To be a place where all children thrive, no matter what background they come from.
- A place that is respectful, caring and supportive for all who attend including both pupils and adults.
- An environment where good collaboration and strong working relationships between staff at all levels ensures the best outcomes for all stakeholders and facilitates continual self-improvement.
- A place that values the voice of all pupils, staff, parents, governors and its community and uses that voice to hold itself accountable for its own performance.
The vision for its pupils:
- To make the best academic progress and attainment possible in their time at school from their starting points.
- To nurture the skills, talents and abilities of all pupils so they leave Kennington ready for the next steps in their academic career.
- To become confident, independent, resilient learners who have a belief that they can succeed in what they do outside of school as well as in.
- That all pupils leave Kennington ready to make a positive contribution to the 21st century community they live in.
Core Values of the School:
The Kennington Pupil Should Be: